So I don't typically like sugar cookies, don't really like the taste of them, don't like to make them. I was introduced to these cookies a few years back, and I am not even really sure where. They don't taste like regular sugar cookies, and much much easier to make. They are called "Melt in you Mouth" and they literally melt in my mouth.. yum, yum.
Here is the recipe
1/2 c butter softened
1/2 c shortening (have to use shortening and not double the butter).
2 cups sugar beat that together with a mixer
add
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter (this is what makes them so good)
1/8 tsp salt
beat in
3 egg yolks (only the yolk this is also another fine key)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Then stir in 1 3/4 c flour
it will be very dry and crumbly but when you get your hands in it to make a little ball it will stick together. Roll up little balls and put them on your cookie sheet.
Bake 300 degrees for 14-15 minutes.
Frosting (another really important part)
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract (I like to use almond extract but you can use any flavor or none at all, just the vanilla it calls for).
2 cups powdered sugar
1 3/4-2 TBSP milk
food coloring of your choice. I am out so my cookies are boring today, just plain white.
Oh and by the way, they are very soft cookies if you don't overbake them, so I take them out before the 15 minutes are up.. If they are too hard, they crumble..
Now keep in mind that I have a little bit different taste buds than normal people. Steve hates these cookies, he likes regular sugar cookies, but I have had many compliments on them. They are very rich so I can never eat a whole batch. After about 6 or 7 cookies I am done with them. So when I make them I usually give all the rest away. But they are so easy that when I am craving them, it is worth all the effort for 6-7 cookies..
2 comments:
I love that we rate our cookies on how many we can eat! it is a bonus if you CAN"T eat a whole batch!
Sounds good. i will have to try this recipe. I would love not to eat the whole batch.
Post a Comment