Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Projects continued.....

Here are some sneak peaks at the project I have engaged in.. As I stated earlier I am repainting my table and chairs and eventually my hutch. I started with the chairs. I am not completely finished yet so I don't want to post until the entire project is FINISHED..



Stage 1: Chair sanded down until there is no shine. Found some good little spongy hand held sand paper that worked very nicely for these chairs with all their rounded spindles.. After I was done sanding I washed them off really good to remove all dust and guck.



Stage 2: Primed with gray primer. ( I spray painted) I did gray primer because since I was painting them black I didn't want to prime them white because it would take more coats of black. I didn't want to prime them black because I wanted to see the distintness between the primer and the actual black paint. I did lots and lots of very thin coats. I may have overdone it but I want it to last and I was afraid of drips so I did very thin coats..


Stage 3: Spray painted Black. Once again very thin coats and lots of them..

Ahh, the Final chair.


5 comments:

Amber Bennett said...

They look so awesome. I wish I had a fun project like that to do. Way to go!!

The Beck Bunch said...

Di you distress the front or it that just the light hitting it?? Either way they look great!

Rachelle said...

I didn't distress the front, it is the light. I just noticed that myself..Funny..

Melissa said...

It looks awesome. I love seeing before/after projects; keep it up!

The Yount Family said...

That looks so great! I have been spray painting A LOT myself lately. It is nice to be able to take something you already have and turn it into something that seems like it is new. Yay for you!