Monday, April 20, 2009

Soccer Season

This soccer season has really flown by. I did take my camera to games and I actually took my video camer to a couple of games. However, I really didn't use it all that much. I get too involved in the games..Anyways the girls didn't do good this season in regards to winning but they did great in regards to playing.
They are an all girl 3rd grade team and they ended up playing co-ed 4th grade teams. However, most of the players were boys and they were HUGE..
So Coach put 2 boys on our team to play as goalie. We did win one game.. Shya scored a goal in the last game on Saturday and she was pretty excited. I hope the girls realize that even though they didn't win much this season it was excellent practice for them to play against such harder teams. They learned a lot and hopefully it made them better players..
So after our last game on Saturday we went to have a pizza party. (Once again I took my camera to take cute pics of the girls in their uniforms pigging out on pizza, but totally forgot to take them)..
Here are just a few soccer photos of the last two games..

I love this, these two are crazy together, London and Zoey. Of course Zoey took out her ponies so her hair looks like a mad scientist.


4 comments:

Becky said...

that is tough if they only look at wins, hard to play against older (boy) teams!
i have a love/love relationship with soccer, i love the games, i also love when it is all over!

Maria said...

I think it's great they played such bigger and harder teams. They will be so tough next year. Go girl power.

Love my babes said...

They were awesome weren't they? I know it is nice it is over but I still kinda miss it. I think that makes me certifiably "crazy" doesn't it? Way to go Shya on that goal that team was kinda mean.

Go Girls Go!!!

The Despain Gang said...

So fun! I love Zoey's pic--too funny "mad scientist"! LOL